Saturday, May 31, 2014

Saratoga Geyser Trail 2014

Hear that? That's right my friends, that is the sound of Summer approaching! Could anything else be more perfect? Buzz and I have been trying to get out and about more often. You know, like normal people do, lol. We were able to do that this past Tuesday when we ventured to the Saratoga Geyser trail. A lovely 5 mile hike that winds you through some of the most wonderful wilderness.

Traditionally, the geysers were used as a health retreat. You would go there and take the cure for about 3 weeks back in the day. The geysers are both carbonated and fresh spring water. It sounds like heaven to me really. What has happened to our country? 3 weeks to rest, recuperate and rejuvenate and you still had your house when you got back. All though this is what we would consider quack medicine today, the rest alone had health benefits I am sure. You can read more about the park here and if you are ever in the area, I highly recommend you them in.

On the downside, it is tick season here in upstate and it is in full force, let me tell you! Poor Buzz got stuck with 5 of them and we had to rush him to the doctors the next day for a big does of antibiotics and a tetanus shot. Happy to report that he is on the mend now and rearing to go hiking again! I look forward to our next adventure myself!

Posting a few photos below. They are available for prints if you find one you really like :) Happy Summer my friends!
Anna
ArtfullyOddPhotos







No comments:

Post a Comment